Edreams - Extortionate fees charged for absolutely nothing

I telephoned eDreams to make a booking, being seduced by their advertising cheap flights on google.I really wish I'd booked direct with the airline now!!

I was booking a flight from Bristol to Dublin for myself and a friend. Not once was the breakdown of what I was paying for ever told to me. I felt hurried and rushed through the phone call. I was not asked if I wanted to have luggage.

It was only when I mentioned it that it was added on. I asked why there was such a difference in the flights they quote online and the flight price she was quoting me. I was told it was because of the fees. No more information was offered to me.

I took what she said in good faith and booked. It was only when I received the confirmation email telling me just how much in fees I had paid that I really understood, JUST HOW MUCH I HAD BEEN RIPPED OFF. One flight came to £63.61 and the second flight came to £59.98 and eDreams fees were £52.49!!!!!!!! I paid in fees almost the price on one of the flights!!!!

But of course it is too late to dispute then because the flights are non refundable. This is what eDreams count on, rushing through the phone call before you start asking questions and it is tool late, they have your money. Also of interest is the fact that when I went onto the website afterwards to see if there was anymore information on there, you realise that they are charging £18 for a 15kg bag to be added to the flight, and yet on Ryanair they only charge £15 and on Air lingus only £10 so they are scamming you even on the luggage allowance too!!! They quote a £1 a minute telephone number for customer care which is illegal in this country and Ryanair has taken them to court about the fact that you can be duped into clicking on their website link in google when you think your clicking on Ryanair.

Everything about this company screams unscrupulous and I am having my bank's dispute team take up the case to try to get their exorbitant fees back.

Please never book with this company.The internet is littered with complaints and I wish I had known about them all before booking with them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Edreams Airline Tickets
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #737007 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Edreams? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Nov 20, 2015 #1066936

Edreams verified representative

Dear Michelle Todd,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your comments about your recent experience when using our new telephone service for booking, which was launched for making a booking procedure more simple and pleasant to our customers.
We were deeply upset to hear that the assistance provided fell beyond your expectations.
We have a well-equipped team of agents ready to help and we believe that your booking was issued according to your preferences after the total charge for the booking was accepted and the payment details provided in order to proceed with the purchase.
We remind you that it is not legally correct to dispute a charge after the service was correctly provided and the product supplied.
However, if you still feel that the service provided when booking was not sufficiently polite or the information fully correct, please update your review indicating your booking reference code, so that we would be able to recover your conversation to assess the quality of the assistance, evaluate if the performance is meeting the standards and, to propose changes if necessary. Kind regards. Nicole - eDreams

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Edreams. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Edreams.
Filing a new complaint about