Edreams - Extortionate fees charged for absolutely nothing
I telephoned eDreams to make a booking, being seduced by their advertising cheap flights on google.I really wish I'd booked direct with the airline now!!
I was booking a flight from Bristol to Dublin for myself and a friend. Not once was the breakdown of what I was paying for ever told to me. I felt hurried and rushed through the phone call. I was not asked if I wanted to have luggage.
It was only when I mentioned it that it was added on. I asked why there was such a difference in the flights they quote online and the flight price she was quoting me. I was told it was because of the fees. No more information was offered to me.
I took what she said in good faith and booked. It was only when I received the confirmation email telling me just how much in fees I had paid that I really understood, JUST HOW MUCH I HAD BEEN RIPPED OFF. One flight came to £63.61 and the second flight came to £59.98 and eDreams fees were £52.49!!!!!!!! I paid in fees almost the price on one of the flights!!!!
But of course it is too late to dispute then because the flights are non refundable. This is what eDreams count on, rushing through the phone call before you start asking questions and it is tool late, they have your money. Also of interest is the fact that when I went onto the website afterwards to see if there was anymore information on there, you realise that they are charging £18 for a 15kg bag to be added to the flight, and yet on Ryanair they only charge £15 and on Air lingus only £10 so they are scamming you even on the luggage allowance too!!! They quote a £1 a minute telephone number for customer care which is illegal in this country and Ryanair has taken them to court about the fact that you can be duped into clicking on their website link in google when you think your clicking on Ryanair.
Everything about this company screams unscrupulous and I am having my bank's dispute team take up the case to try to get their exorbitant fees back.
Please never book with this company.The internet is littered with complaints and I wish I had known about them all before booking with them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service
- Hidden fees
- Reason of review:
- Service fees charged
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Edreams Airline Tickets
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "This was well worth it. The trip was awesome and we lived like a king for a week!..."
- "Myself, my husband and daughter had an amazing vacation at Summer Bay Orlando. Everyone was great and everything as advertised was extremely satisfying. Would definitely visit again...."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."