Edreams - Extortionate fees charged for absolutely nothing
I telephoned eDreams to make a booking, being seduced by their advertising cheap flights on google.I really wish I'd booked direct with the airline now!!
I was booking a flight from Bristol to Dublin for myself and a friend. Not once was the breakdown of what I was paying for ever told to me. I felt hurried and rushed through the phone call. I was not asked if I wanted to have luggage.
It was only when I mentioned it that it was added on. I asked why there was such a difference in the flights they quote online and the flight price she was quoting me. I was told it was because of the fees. No more information was offered to me.
I took what she said in good faith and booked. It was only when I received the confirmation email telling me just how much in fees I had paid that I really understood, JUST HOW MUCH I HAD BEEN RIPPED OFF. One flight came to £63.61 and the second flight came to £59.98 and eDreams fees were £52.49!!!!!!!! I paid in fees almost the price on one of the flights!!!!
But of course it is too late to dispute then because the flights are non refundable. This is what eDreams count on, rushing through the phone call before you start asking questions and it is tool late, they have your money. Also of interest is the fact that when I went onto the website afterwards to see if there was anymore information on there, you realise that they are charging £18 for a 15kg bag to be added to the flight, and yet on Ryanair they only charge £15 and on Air lingus only £10 so they are scamming you even on the luggage allowance too!!! They quote a £1 a minute telephone number for customer care which is illegal in this country and Ryanair has taken them to court about the fact that you can be duped into clicking on their website link in google when you think your clicking on Ryanair.
Everything about this company screams unscrupulous and I am having my bank's dispute team take up the case to try to get their exorbitant fees back.
Please never book with this company.The internet is littered with complaints and I wish I had known about them all before booking with them.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service
- Hidden fees
- Reason of review:
- Service fees charged
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Edreams Airline Tickets
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I booked my package deal for 2 ppl from Chicago to Punta Cana (flight + hotel) for a total of $2,170.20 and i checked the price again less than 36..."
- " I received a Booking confirmation from eDreams for a Lufthansa flight. I called Lufthansa several days after the booking in order to reserve a baby bassinet only to find out..."
- "April 28, 2016 Apple Vacations Customer Resolution Department Dear Apple Vacation: On March 16, 2016 myself along with Tammy McDaniel booked a vacation with your company. When calling your reservation department the customer service..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."