Madrid, Madrid

I had never heard of eDreams before yesterday, imagine my surprise when I found flights home during August for half of what Kayak had listed... well the as the old adage goes, it seemed so and it was, too good to be true.

I have a friend who is a travel agent, she called Americans Airlines and inquired about the tickets that eDreams was offering people, they apparently laughed when she told them the price. They told her no, that cannot be, the flight is almost twice as expensive and no one could possibly offer that deal.

Luckily for me, unlike the others on this site, I never had my "fake" flight confirmed, so eDreams hadn't yet stolen my money. But it is very troubling that they are advertising fares that do not exist as this constitutes a very clear abuse of consumer protections against false advertising.

I hope they get sued back to the stone age.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Edreams?

Comments

eDreams
Edreams Verified Representative

Dear reviewer,

Thanks for posting your opinion and bringing this matter to our attention.

We inform you that eDreams guarantees its customers the best available price at the moment of the reservation.For any fare request, we look for the best fares consulting simultaneously all the reservation systems of the regular and low cost airlines.

eDreams can only guarantee the best fare when you ask for it as a result of a real time search. Nevertheless, fares and seat availability fluctuate in a free way and can also change at any time since the fare price and fare conditions are controlled by the airlines.

Only airlines are responsible for fare variations since eDreams works as an intermediary between the client and the airlines.

However, we will check the price of the flight mentioned and we will update our site, if necessary.

We deeply appreciate the opportunity you are giving us to verify this issue you brought to our attention.Kind regards, Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -