I did a google at the weekend to book with Ryanair and clicked on the top link which is www.ryanair...

Inside it says EDREAMS but has a big Ryanair banner and it looks the same as the Ryanair site so you may not be aware you are not booking directly with Ryanair. Pricing all matches with the prices on my Flightscanner search until.....

On my online bank statement 2 days later my Ryanair charge is there but there is also a separate £37.70 charge to a company called EDreams. I am puzzled as I believed I had booked directly on Ryanair and saw no notification of a separate charge. After googling them I can see loads of complaints about this company including Ryanairs regarding Google allowing this company to pay to appear above them in the Ryanair search and giving the appearance they had some partnership. I retraced my steps to the booking and notice the www.ryanair.edreams on the Google search then separately underneath the direct connection to Ryanair. Also went through the booking process again to see where the charges were notified. The prices are all OK until you select a payment card, against the credit card symbol it indicates 1.5% fee if selected, I selected debit card which which shows 0 fee but as soon as selected bumps the total cost up by £37.70 and you wont notice unless you look at the total cost.

So they have used deception and I have paid for this deception. My card company have agreed to reverse the charges at the moment but I expect EDREAMS to come back and fight.

I think people should be warned about this.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Edreams. The most disappointing about edreams flight booking at Edreams was being deceived Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Edreams.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Edreams to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Edreams?

Comments

eDreams
Edreams Verified Representative

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for commenting your recent experience when booking with eDreams.

We kindly remind you that eDreams acts as an agent offering a service where you can compare flight prices and also book your flights. If you make a booking via eDreams, the eDreams logo is clearly visible during the whole booking process on-line.

Before confirming your booking you will find the general conditions of eDreams, which you also accept by confirming the purchase.

If you are not in agreement with fees or do not wish to proceed with the purchase via eDreams you can easily abort the operation at every stage of the booking process.

Best regards, Nicole - eDreams